An integrated suite of high-performance (big data) applications for the management and analysis of population-scale genomic data.
By replacing datafiles with databases our software promotes:
- Scalability; the ability to run queries in real-time across hundreds of thousands of genomes.
- Accessibility; the ability to analyse from anywhere on the web without needing access to the local filesystem.
- Integration; the ability to link data together using flexible data models covering reference data, variant data and clinical metadata.
- Security; the ability to protect data using federated (e.g. SSO) authentication and role-based authorisation schemes.
OpenCB solutions are typically used as:
- The storage target of secondary analysis pipelines.
- The data source for tertiary analysis workflows.
The open-source OpenCB software is developed and maintained by researchers from multiple organisations and made freely available at https://github.com/opencb
The Computational Biology (OpenCB) open-source software initiative implements different high-performance and scalable open-source projects for the analysis of high-throughput genomic data.
OpenCB projects are developed and maintained by researchers of different universities and big projects such as University of Cambridge and Genomics England. OpenCB is open-source and freely available at https://github.com/opencb
OpenCB provides a high-performance and scalable platform for the analysis of high-throughput genomic data.
University of Cambrdige